Sunday, September 8, 2013

WHEN FOLLOWED . . . KEEP WALKING

.
Well, just follow my thinking here. . . .


I went to the store and bought me a bag of Gummy bears.

On the way home I decided to cut through a neighborhood that had an active community watch system.
It was a shortcut, but I was using public streets.

I noticed I was followed by a man at a respectable distance behind. He was obviously interested in where I was going. The community watchman I supposed.

Well, a little annoyed, I thought to myself, "I did pretty good in hand-to-hand combat while in the army. I bet I could whip that nosy fellow following me."

But then reason set in, and I pondered the possible outcome of such a cocky idea as to start a fight with a stranger that hadn't done a thing to me.

As I kept walking, and he kept following, I visualized a possible confrontation.

I could hide behind a bush and jump the pesky fellow.
I could punch him in the nose.
I could wrestle him to the ground; I'm bigger than he is.
I could smack his head against the sidewalk to knock him out.
However, I also could get shot if he should have a gun.

I could just keep walking. I haven't done anything wrong.
I'll go home and share my Gummy bears.


A chip on your shoulder could get you killed!


No comments: