Monday, June 27, 2011

Large Mouth Bass

.
Just the other day I mentioned to my wife, "I haven't been fishing in several years."
She simply answered, "Why not?"

I didn't have an answer. I'm retired. I am able to walk, or drive down to the pond. I don't need a permit. I got several rods, lures and the rest. . . Soooooo, I went fishing. The rooster-tail was already on the line. The hook was rusted, but able to hold one hooked. Several things were against me however. The reel was so dusty it would hardly turn. The fluttering spoon on the lure did not flutter. The sun was shining, (not too good for bass). There was scum on the pond. But, I flicked out the line anyway, over and over again. Not really enjoying the fishing, but the quietness and the laughing of the frogs.

I flipped the lure to within one foot of the edge on the other side of the pond. Bam! I knew right away supper was on the line.


.