Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Nine-hundred Pound Monster

.
Oops, I meant "The nine-hundred gram monster".

Check out the claws and teeth!
How would you like that little bugger get mad at you? Just think, those cute little toenails grabbing your ears and those clean vegetarian teeth clamped on your nose. . . .

The reason I got him/her, I attached part of an ear of corn as bait to the trap in a way the little monster could not steal it without getting himself in a pickle.

Yesterday, I saw one of his cousins sitting on top of the deck railing enjoying the apple bait that was in the trap. That makes it twice now, those little thieves made off with the bait without setting off the trap. I can just see them working in teams, one holding the tray that holds the bait steady, the cousin, shoulder to shoulder, delicately reaching with one manicured paw lifting the apple. I can almost hear them laughing! Who is the fool?

I think the groundhog has these fellows hired. Maybe he is writing a book as well.
.

No comments: