Tuesday, January 24, 2012

How To Get your Kinks Out

.
I recently bragged about me training our seventeen year old pup a new trick.

Every day at 9pm I cut off his food and water. At around 11pm I'll leash him up and take him for a walk to do his dual business. I use a leash that late at night out of fear he'll wander off and be snatched by our neighborhood coyotes.

After the nightly duties, Mr. "S" is led to his cage. He enters, turns around, sticks his head out the door, and waits for his treat. I, the old fool, hustle all the way to the kitchen, retrieve one of his favorite treats, then boogie all the way back to see him waiting looking cute.

Like I said, I bragged about that, when my friend, very to the point, told me, "You didn't teach the old dog a new trick. He was the one that taught you the trick of getting his treat."


One other thing I should have learned from the old boy, is to stretch more often.

That sounds stupid, but I have had an MRI where the summary of the matter was, "Mr B you need to stretch more often."

I've had a shot into the hip, with no result, only to be told to stretch more often.

I have joined the Y, related my problems, only to be told to stretch more often.

I've spent a mint at the chiropractor, only to be told to stretch more often.

I've gotten numerous massages, only to be told to stretch more often.

Duhhhh.. . .

Our little pooh-bear stretches every time he gets up from the nights sleep, or from a nap. First he stretches his front legs, then his hind legs. No professional told him. How does he know? Maybe I should have consulted him all these years.


.

No comments: