Saturday, September 1, 2012

Claude Monet, The Inspiration

.
I've been dabbling with pencil, pen and ink, charcoal, pastels, oils, and acrylics for as long as I can remember.

Even as far back as the mid 1940's I sat and sketched the world around me.
I didn't fully appreciate impressionistic art until I took several art courses at Rutgers back in the late 60's. Over the past thirty years however, I've gotten stale at the craft. My years were taken up with building our business, raising three boys, and constructing and remodeling at every spare hour in between.

Now that 12 of our 13 grandchildren are old enough, they again have begun to draw from deep within me the old desire to create, to explore colors. To dabble, blend, entice, and explode color from the canvas. My grandchildren can make a canvas explode in no time.

All of the paintings you'll see here were brought to life in just under two hours. Enough time to get a good feel for the technique, and be able to show some impressive results.

This vibrant display created by a 14 yr. old young lady

This by a 12 yr. old, totally her design and layout.

I helped this 10 yr. old lay this out his idea and he did the coloring.

One of my old oils inspired this 10 yr. old boy.

This exuberant display of smiles is the sole creation of a 13yr. old young lady.

This 7 yr. old loves her dogs.

I said, "pick any subject between a landscape and a cat eye," she, 12 years old, picked an eye of a horse. (You figure!)

This 15 yr. old young lady loves to dream. Little Red Riding Hood goes visiting.


We have the best time. In time maybe one of our grandchildren will find peace and gratification by dabbling with a bunch of colors on a canvas. 








No comments: