Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Revenge Is Sweet

.
Revenge is sweet. I have used that line before, but it sure isn't biblical.


As humans we have a propensity to rejoice if a wrong was made right. Even to a point when a criminal is executed for his crime. We say, good, he had it coming to him.


Now, I’m not a member of PETA. But I totally agree not to treat animals out of meanness or out of shear brutality for the joy of watching them suffer. This I believe applies to all animals, pets, in the wild, and even insects. When God gave man the charge to have dominion over all the animals, it implied to eat and sustain mankind and also be a good steward of what He has given us.
I’ve gone for a walk on a nearby country road and spotted a feed sack discarded along the side of the road. When I looked in it, I saw the carcass of a young doe, her hind quarters and loins were the only portions missing. The vile, so-called hunters didn’t even dress the animal. On another occasion I spotted the carcass of a young doe with only her tenderloin stripped. What kind of animal does this to an animal?


The Revenge
God also gave us a sense of humor. For a family of moose (meese?) to string a human onto the roof of a vehicle sort of makes you look at the hunting thing from a different angle. This photo came to me via e-mail. A lot of you have seen it before. As so often though, I had to make a few comments about it.


.

No comments: