Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Newness Of Life

.
Every spring I rejoice in seeing the newness of life.


I ponder nature and try to apply it to my life. When the storms howl dead branches break and fall to the ground and are buried by leaves. I thank the Lord for my storms in life. For breaking off my deadness, my sins, and bury them, and be covered by His sacrifice.

I ponder the buds on the trees, a regeneration to newness, to purpose, to grow. I question my regeneration, my purpose. Am I here after seventy-two years to just sail into the sunset? No. My purpose is to grow closer to the Lord, and to participate in the growing of others.

I ponder the blossoms on the trees, cheerful, bright, attracting fellowship. I question my cheerfulness, my brightness, the light in me, does it it shine, draw others?

I ponder the onset of the fruit, the continuance of life, the life hereafter. I question my fruit. Have I been faithful and born the fruit I was asked to produce? Or do I need more pruning to remove the dead in me?

I ponder the seed that is in each fruit. May it be in the apple, in the persimmon, in the dogwood berry. I could bury a candy corn, but it will not grow to produce more corn. However, I can plant a seed from a tree or a vine and it will grow and produce more fruit–more seeds. Because God has endowed it with the spark of life.

So, what is the spark of life? When does it begin? We, mankind has already found out when we mess with tomatoes and corn for instance, we generate a hybrid fruit that has dead seeds in it. They will not sprout.

When does life begin? It begins with the will of God. How dare we, mankind, say a baby is nothing but a blob before it draws a breath. That is like saying an apple is not an apple until it is in a pie. Life begins at conception. It was God's will.

Let me leave you with an unsettling question and comment.

Why did a court of law convict Scott Peterson for killing his wife AND his unborn child? Because the child was a human being! The abortion mongers didn't complain and holler, "Ah that blob was not a person." Why? When does life begin?


.

No comments: