Monday, April 16, 2012

Warm Days

.
I like spring because of its promise of life. Even the stinkbugs, the ones that tried so hard to get into your house in the fall, are now wanting to get back outside and back into action.

Not only do flowers spring up during the warm days, but also animals are drawn to wake up from a winter's rest and get on with the plan.

I recently saw this rock, precariously perched at the edge of our deck table.


I figured one of the grandchildren had placed it there. But, after trying to pick it up, it felt a bit fragile. I realized it was just hanging out there, enjoying the warmth of the sun.


When I touched his hind legs, this lethargic little toad just barely opened its eyes. His peaceful look simply said, "Hey, I'm not bothering anything."


Likewise, spring encourages the littlest blooms to show off and soak up the new warmth.


Those are not the blooms of wild strawberries. I know what one flower is, but I can't spell it. Don't know what the star-shaped bloom is.   (Clue me in please.)

Speaking of clueing me in, tell me what this one is. I've seen the thing bloom only in the woods. This one is at about 2,500 feet above sea level in a Floyd County woods.


I feel like I need to make a remark here.  STOP! Stop your walking, running, biking with those everlasting invasive earphones in your ears, and ENJOY the small things in life.

.

No comments: