Sunday, September 18, 2011

Finally Rain

.
The year was dry, dry, dry when we excavated for the pond.

The contractor arrived with his dozer, looked at me sideways and said, "You want me to dig a pond, aye?
"Yes," I said, "as big a one you can make!"

"Ok." He walked to the stream, looked at the water source which eventually would fill the pond, looked at me, . . . and I'm glad he didn't say out loud what he thought.

The stream was dry. No water flowing. Just a few muddy spots indicating a little underground wetness.

"It'll come," I said. "It flowed last year."

He probably thought, whatever you say fool, at two-hundred dollars an hour I'll dig until you tell me to stop.





Well, he did a wonderful job. And then the rains came, lots of rain. Enough rain to green up the fields, water the trees and gardens, saturate the earth and raise the water table.


The fish we added multiplied. Wildlife came and communed with the new water source.


God keeps supplying the rain needed, as He chooses. On the just and on the unjust. We can trust Him. The cabin got built. God kept supplying. Over the gutters it poured.



The pond has not gone down since it filled. Enough water for this guy to get around.


.

No comments: