Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Carpet and Cushioned Seats

.

I want to show you a Church in Uganda, Africa.

As you look at these pictures, I also want to ask yourself if God is there, does He hear their prayers and accepts their worship as a sweet savor to His ears.


During a mission trip, I had the privilege of preaching there. The building is an adequate shelter against rain. It is more than adequate to commune with our Lord.



Behind this pulpit is no exquisite mural, nor a ten-thousand dollar stained-glass window. The air conditioning has no need for duct work, nor programmed thermostats.



The call to worship is a bongo. No one drives up in fancy cars and drags out a cello or trombone to blend with the church orchestra.



Praising the Lord is long and loud. No one is holding back "because they can't sing", or because their false teeth may fly out.



In clean clothes, the best they have, they come to worship. No judging to see if they're in style, or if the dress is from Talbots.



I snuck out my little camera and took this picture before I was introduced to speak.

When there is a good roof, there is no water to be soaked up by the dirt floor. The floor of that church was the most precious parquet I ever saw. No weeds or trash in the cracks. Patted down hard from use by children and dear folks. 

My, my. . . forgive me Lord for ever complaining again.


.

No comments: