Thursday, March 15, 2012

Leftovers, Yum Yum

.
I'm one who treats leftovers the same as a steak dinner. I don't want to bore you, but I remember a time when picking up the crumbs on the table, with spittle stuck to my finger, and eating them.

It pains me to see people go through an all-you-can-eat line, fill up the plate to the hilt, then leave two-thirds to be thrown out. All I want to say to them, "You should have to live in Darfur for a year."

To come back to a more pleasing story, I want to show you a new creation I call "Chicken Cakes".

Recently, Carol and I enjoyed a rotisserie chicken from Walmart. We couldn't eat it all, most of the breast was left over.


I chopped the chicken breast to about the size of crab meat.


The left over mash potatoes were added as filler.


In the fridge was part of an onion which I chopped, added an egg to hold it all together.


Put everything into a bowl, add salt and pepper. (I also added marjoram, my favored spice). Stir it all up, make into patties, and fry'm.


Sure looks like crab cakes to me!


.

No comments: