Friday, August 12, 2011

She Had Twelve Kids In A Year!

.
Remember the Post "One Tiny Mamma". Well she donnit again!

Before we had a chance to clean out the mess of the old nest between the leaning folded chairs, that little hot mamma started to lay new eggs. Six of them, one a day.


A week later the brood had hatched. I guess the 90 degree weather didn't hurt.


Just three days later, there was hardly enough room for the bunch.


Two days later two had fallen out of the nest. Still mostly fuzz and skin, I scooped them up and put them back into the nest.

Mamma and pappa kept on feeding them. Three days later all was quiet. I hope the stray cat that hangs around here didn't get them. I don't think so, not if they flew off.

This was the birth place for twelve fuzzy ones
I'm gettin' the hose to those chairs. 12 young'uns is enough, don't you think?
.

No comments: