Thursday, August 4, 2011

The War Is Over

.
THE REASON FOR WAR

Some furry culprit has been having his way for too long. He devoured our tomato plants and followed with petunias for desert.

That 'mater plant was five times the size, and loaded with almost ready 'maters.
He teamed up with the squirrels and deer and did not leave even one peach on the peach tree for us.

After that successful venture he lead the charge to obliterate the fruit of the pear tree. Pears that could be reached from the inside branches were his. Pears hanging to the deer noses he shared.


THE COUNTER ATTACK

We picked the rest of the pears, still hard as a rock, then scoured the ground and left nothing.



With no more fruit on the tree, nor on the ground, his nose returned to the deck. The evidence is the red mud scrapings were he squeezed through the gate.


I baited the trap with half of a nice, juicy pear to remind him of the heaven he experienced the previous week.

VICTORY ! ! ! CASE CLOSED.     FATSO you are soooo out of here!




"Good thing one of my sons has my 22, or you would have smelled the end of the muzzle. But, since you've got enough fat on you, I'm taking you far away."


"If you ever come back . . . so help me . . .      Now, go play with the cows."
.

2 comments:

Sally Roseveare said...

Contrary to what I'd always heard, squirrels are SMART! I won't go into all of our trials and tribulations with the furry critters. Instead, I offer hearty CONGRATULATIONS for getting rid of the pest. How far away did you take squirrel? He could return!!!

Franz X Beisser said...

A rodent is a rodent. But that fat critter was my long awaited Groundhog!